Today’s Farm News
Conditions for Saturday, September 5, 2015 ~
We are now in FALL HOURS (which are different from Picking Hours) . The farm is open Saturday, Sunday, and Labor Day from 10am-5:30pm and Wednesday – Friday from 10am-5pm. Mary’s County Kitchen closes 1/2 hour before the farm. The Farm will be closed on Tues, Sept 8 for cleaning. Picking Hours can vary daily depending on the availability of ripe fruit so always check on the day you plan on visiting.
PICKING CONDITIONS on Saturday ~
- APPLES – open 10am-4:30pm (last entrance 4pm) with hayrides taking apple pickers to the orchard. Varieties available for picking on Saturday are GINGER GOLD, GALA and JONAMAC. We will have Apple Picking on Sunday, and Labor Day from 10am-4pm, with hayrides to the orchard. We have a great crop of apples this year!
- FLOWERS – open Saturday, Sunday and Labor Day 10am-5pm.
- BLUEBERRIES and PEACHES – thank you for great seasons! Both Blueberry and Peach picking is over for 2015.
COST FOR PICK YOUR OWN:
- Apples – $30 for 1/2bu (20 lb) which allows 6 people (including children) into the orchard; $22 for 1 peck (10lb) which allows 4 people (including children) into the orchard. Hayrides for apple pickers on Saturdays, Sundays, and Labor Day. We have a great crop of apples this year and will be picking into late October. We have over 20 Apple Varieties available during the season!
- Flowers – $9.50/lb for zinnias and gladiolus, $1.75/flower for sunflowers. The Flower Season will go through September.
MORE AT THE FARM TODAY:
- Farmstand (open 10am-5:30pm) ~ we will have our own Apples – Honey Crisp (limited supply), Ginger Gold, Jonamac, Gala and Paula Red, Non-GMO Corn (limited supply), Yellow Peaches (including Seconds), Strawberries and Cut Flowers. We will not have any more Blueberries this season. Our bakers will be making Apple Cider Donuts and other bakery items and we have local tomatoes and other vegetables.
- Mary’s Country Kitchen (open 10am-5pm) will have Warm Apple Crisp, Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake, and Ice Cream.
- Annie’s Animal Barns (open 10am-5:30pm) ~ Stop by and say hello to our friendly farm animals! To feed the animals, the feeding machines take quarters. To keep our animals healthy, only food from our feeding machines is to be fed to them.
- Hay Play Area opening on Saturday!! Open Saturday, Sunday and Labor Day 10am-5:15pm.
- Farmer Mark’s Tractor Training Course (open 10am-5pm)~ fun for our little farmers! The cost is $2 per ride.
Parlee Farms is a no smoking farm. And for the comfort and safety of all our guests, dogs are not permitted on the farm. We accept Cash, Master Card, Visa and Discover for payment. We have answers to commonly asked questions on our FAQs page.
Thank you very much for your support of Parlee Farms! We look forward to seeing you ‘down on the farm’!
On November 12, 2014, Parlee Farms was awarded the 2014 Business of the Year at the Celebration of Excellence hosted by Enterprise Bank. We are so honored and humbled to be chosen for this award from among many outstanding nominees. Thank you to our wonderful customers and outstanding staff for allowing us to do what we love to do!
Mark, Ellen, Mary & Annie Parlee