Today’s Farm News
Wednesday, October 1~The Farm is open Tuesday-Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday-Sunday 10am-5:30pm, nd closed on Mondays. Happenings at the farm today~
- Pumpkins~ Due to the heavy rains coming in this morning, the Pumpkin Patch is closed today. The Pumpkin Patch is normally open 10-4:30pm Tuesday-Friday, and until 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. With over 40,000 pumpkins grown right here, that perfect pumpkin is waiting for you!
- Apples ~ With a lighter than normal apple crop and large apple picking crowds, our 2014 apple picking season is now over. We will have apples in the farmstand.
- Flowers~ Flower Picking is closed today due to the weather. It will be open tomorrow, weather permitting, from 10am-4pm with thousands of zinnias still available for picking! Please note that the Flower Hut only accepts cash, no credit cards.
- SCHOOL TOURS ~ ALL SCHOOL TOURS SCHEDULED FOR TODAY HAVE BEEN POSTPONED. TEACHERS HAVE BEEN CONTACTED ABOUT RESCHEDULING.
Cost for ~
Pick Your Own Pumpkins: $0.69/lb, minimum $2.50/pumpkin
Pick Your Own Flowers: $8.99/lb for zinnias & gladiolus; $1.50 per flower for sunflowers.
Other things happening at the farm this week~
The Farmstand (open 10am-5pm) has our own Apples including Honey Crisp, Apple Cider Donuts other tasty bakery treats, Honey from our Beekeeper, jams, jellies, and more!
Mary’s Country Kitchen (open 10am-4:30pm) offers Warm Apple Crisp, Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake, Ice Cream and Cider.
Annie’s Animal Barns (open 10am-5pm) has over 70 friendly farm animals. Come visit our Goats, Sheep, Chickens and Bunnies – they will be happy to see you! To feed the animals, the feeding machines take quarters.
Farmer Mark’s Tractor Training Course (Closed today due to the wet weather)~ is great fun for our little farmers! It is $2 per ride ~ only cash is accepted for payment.
Hay Play Area (closed today due to the wet weather)~ 150 bales of fun!
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions~
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and cash for payment within the farmstand. However, the Flower Hut and certain checkouts for Apple Picking and Pumpkins only accept cash.
- In following good farming practices, we do not permit smoking or pets on the farm.
- There is no entrance fee to enter the farm.
- We ask that you do not bring large bags, backpacks, and coolers into the picking fields.
- The picnic area is reserved for customers enjoying treats from Mary’s Country Kitchen and Bakery. You are welcome to bring a light snack from home, but please do not bring meals.
- Answers to other commonly asked questions can be found at FAQs.
Thank you for your patronage, support, and friendship. We look forward to seeing you ‘down at the farm’ this season!