Today’s Farm News
Thursday, October 23~ Due to the windy, rainy day, the entire farm will be closed on Thursday. We will reopen on Friday for our last days of the 2014 Season. Happenings at the farm for Friday – Sunday ~
- Pumpkins~ The Pumpkin Patch will be open on Friday 10am-4:30pm, and Sat & Sun until 5pm. We have thousands of pumpkins of all sizes in the Pumpkin Patch! With over 40,000 pumpkins grown right here, that perfect pumpkin is waiting for you!
- ALL YOU CAN CARRY PUMPKINS for $25~ Saturday and Sunday 10am-5pm!!
- Our END OF SEASON SALE is going on with 20% off all FROZEN APPLE CRISP with the purchase of 2 or more, as well as all jams, dressings, honey, maple products, and Parlee Farms Tshirts. Great time to stock up for the winter!
- Hayrides~ As a Thank You to all our wonderful and supportive customers, we will be offering FREE HAYRIDES around the farm on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-4pm (weather permitting) through Oct 26th. Hayrides on Tuesday-Friday are for pre-arranged school groups – thank you for your understanding.
- Apples ~ With a lighter than normal apple crop, a couple of extreme cold events over the winter, and large apple picking crowds in September, our 2014 apple picking season is now over. We do have apples in the farmstand – see varieties available below.Cost for ~
Cost for Pick Your Own Pumpkins: $0.69/lb, minimum $2.50/pumpkin
Other things happening at the farm~
The Farmstand (open 10am-5pm Friday) has a great selection of apples including Empire, Macoun, Cortland, Macs, Mutsu, and Jonagold, Apple Cider Donuts other tasty bakery treats, Caramel Apples, and Cider from Carlson Orchard. End of Season Sale has started with 20% off FROZEN APPLE CRISP with the purchase of 2 or more, as well as all Jams, Honey, Maple Products, and TShirts ~ great time to stock up for winter!
Mary’s Country Kitchen (open 10am-4:30pm Friday) offers Warm Apple Crisp, Ice Cream and Hot Cider.
Annie’s Animal Barns (open 10am-5pm Friday) has over 70 friendly farm animals. Come visit our Goats, Sheep, Chickens and Bunnies – they will be happy to see you! To feed the animals, the feeding machines take quarters.
Farmer Mark’s Tractor Training Course (Closed due to weather) is great fun for our little farmers! It is $2 per ride ~ only cash is accepted for payment.
Hay Play Area (Closed due to weather)~ 150 bales of fun!
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions~
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and cash for payment within the farmstand. However, Farmer Mark’s and certain checkouts for Pumpkins only accept cash.
- In following good farming practices, we do not permit smoking or pets on the farm.
- There is no entrance fee to enter the farm.
- We ask that you do not bring large bags, backpacks, and coolers into the picking fields.
- The picnic area is reserved for customers enjoying treats from Mary’s Country Kitchen and Bakery. You are welcome to bring a light snack from home, but please do not bring meals.
- Answers to other commonly asked questions can be found at FAQs.
Thank you for your patronage, support, and friendship. We look forward to seeing you ‘down at the farm’ this season!