Today’s Farm News
Tuesday, September 2~ Thank you to all who visited us during our first couple of days of apple picking! The entire farm is closed on Tuesday, September 2. Happenings at the farm today~
- Apples ~ We are just starting the apple picking season. With some very good apple pickers this past weekend, we are now picked out of our early apples. The Apple Orchard will reopen on Saturday, September 6 weather permitting ~ we will post details on weekend apple picking on Thursday. Pricing is listed below.
- Blueberries ~ The Blueberry Field will be open on Wednesday with fairly good end-of-the-season picking from 10am-2:30pm (last entrance 2pm). See below for our volume pricing! We are very near the end of the season.
- Flowers ~ Flower Picking will be open on Wednesday 10am-4pm ~ there are thousands of zinnias to choose from.
- The entire farm will be closed on Tuesday 9/2.
Other News ~
- School Tours ~ we are now accepting reservations for fall school tours!
- Hay Play Area ~ construction will begin in early September.
Cost for ~
- Pick Your Own Apples:
- $30 for 20lb bag which allows 6 people into the orchard
- $22 for 10lb bag which allows 4 people into the orchard
- Only Infants excluded from the people count
- Hayride to the orchard is included with bag purchase on Saturdays and Sundays, weather permitting.
- Pick Your Own Blueberries: $2.99/lb for 5.01lbs or more; $3.99/lb for 5lbs or less.
- Pick Your Own Flowers: $8.99/lb for zinnias & gladiolus; $1.50 per flower for sunflowers.
Other things happening at the farm this week~
The Farmstand (open 10am-5pm Tues – Fri) will have our own Strawberries, Blueberries, Corn, Ginger Gold Apples, Peaches, Apple Cider Donuts and other tasty treats, our own Cut Flowers, local vegetables, Carlson’s Apple Cider, Honey from our Beekeeper and more!
Mary’s Country Kitchen (open 10am-4:30pm Tues – Fri) will be offering Warm Blueberry Crumble, Ice Cream, and Frozen Apple Cider.
Annie’s Animal Barns (open 10am-5pm Tues – Fri) has over 70 friendly farm animals. Come visit our Goats (24 babies born this winter!), Sheep, Chickens and Bunnies – they will be happy to see you!
Farmer Mark’s Tractor Training Course (open 11am-3pm weather permitting) is great fun for our little farmers! This will close if there is rain or thunderstorms in the area.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions~
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and cash for payment.
- We ask that you do not bring large bags, backpacks, and coolers into the picking fields.
- There is no entrance fee to enter the farm.
- In following good farming practices, we do not permit smoking or pets on the farm.
- Answers to other commonly asked questions can be found at FAQs.
Thank you for your patronage, support, and friendship. We look forward to seeing you ‘down at the farm’ this season!