Today’s Farm News
Conditions for Saturday, October 10, 2015 ~
Our FALL HOURS (which are different from Picking Hours) are open Saturday, Sunday & Columbus Day 10am-5:30pm and Wednesday-Friday 10am-5pm. The Farm will be closed on Tuesday, October 13 for cleaning. We will close for the season at the end of October.
Mary’s County Kitchen closes 1/2 hour before the farm. Picking Hours can vary daily depending on the availability of ripe fruit so always check on the day you plan on visiting.
PICKING CONDITIONS ~
- We are at peak apple & pumpkin picking this week and we will be open for picking on Monday, Columbus Day!
APPLES – open for picking Saturday-Sunday & Columbus Day from 10am-4:30pm and Wednesday -Friday 12pm-4pm and (weather permitting). On Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Columbus Day, hayrides take apple pickers to the orchard. We have a great crop of apples and will be picking until the end of October!
- Saturday Apple Picking ~ excellent picking from 10am-4:30pm with hayrides to the orchard for apple pickers. We will be picking Honey Crisp, Macoun, Cortland, Jonagold, Macs, and Empire along with other great varieties.
- Sunday and Monday Apple Picking ~ excellent picking again from 10am-4:30pm with hayrides to the orchard for apple pickers. We will be picking Honey Crisp, Macoun, Cortland, Jonagold, Macs, and Empire along with other great varieties.
- Tuesday, October 13 ~ the entire farm will be closed for cleaning.
PUMPKINS – the Pumpkin Patch is open Saturday – Sunday & Columbus Day 10am-5pm and Wednesday – Friday 10am-4:30pm (weather permitting). We grow over 14 acres of pumpkins ~ more than 40,000 pumpkins of all sizes and colors!
FLOWERS – open for picking Saturday- Sunday & Columbus Day 10am-5pm and Wednesday – Friday 10am-4:30pm (weather permitting). We will have flower picking into mid-October. The flower season will end when we have a frost.
COST FOR PICK YOUR OWN:
- Apples – Saturday, Sunday & Columbus Day Pricing: $30 for 1/2 bu (20 lb) which allows 6 people (including children) into the orchard; $22 for 1 peck (10lb) which allows 4 people (including children) into the orchard. Hayrides for apple pickers on Saturdays, Sundays, and Columbus Day. On Tuesday – Friday, we have lower weekday picking prices $28 for 1/2 bu and $20 for 1 peck. We have a great crop of apples this year and will be picking into late October. We have over 20 Apple Varieties available during the season!
- Pumpkins ~ $0.69/lb with a minimum charge of $2.50 per pumpkin.
- Flowers – $9.50/lb for zinnias and gladiolus, $1.75/flower for sunflowers. The Flower Season will go until the first freeze.
MORE AT THE FARM TODAY ~
- Farmstand (open Sat-Sun & Columbus Day 10am-5:30pm and Wed-Fri 10am-5pm ) ~ On Saturday, we will have our own Apples including Honey Crisp, Cortland, Gala, Macs, Macoun, Jonagold, Empire, and more. Our bakers will be making Apple Cider Donuts and other farm-made bakery items. We also have pies from Mann Orchards, frozen apple crisp, jams, dressings, raw honey from our beekeeper, our own apple crisp mix and more!
Mary’s Country Kitchen (closes 1/2 hour before the farmstand) will have Warm Apple Crisp, Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake, Ice Cream, and Hot Cider.
- Annie’s Animal Barns (same hours at the farmstand) ~ Stop by and say hello to our friendly farm animals! To feed the animals, the feeding machines take quarters. To keep our animals healthy, only food from our feeding machines is to be fed to them.
- Hay Play Area (closes 1/2 hour before farmstand) ~ 150 bales of fun! There is no additional cost to use the Hay Play Area. It will close if rain is in the forecast.
- Farmer Mark’s Tractor Training Course (closes 1/2 hour before the farmstand)~ fun for our little farmers! The cost is $2 per ride. It will close if rain is in the forecast.
We have answers to commonly asked questions on our FAQs page. Answers to some of the most asked questions we get ~
- We will have Honey Crisp apples in the Farmstand into late October. We will have pyo Honey Crisp at least through the Columbus Day Weekend ~ just check “Today’s Farm News” for updates!
- Parlee Farms is a no smoking farm.
- For the comfort and safety of all our guests, dogs are not permitted on the farm.
- We accept Cash, Master Card, Visa and Discover for payment.
- While we offer a great school tour package, we no longer host nor permit birthday celebrations or group events on the farm.
Thank you very much for your support of Parlee Farms! We look forward to seeing you ‘down on the farm’!
On November 12, 2014, Parlee Farms was awarded the 2014 Business of the Year at the Celebration of Excellence hosted by Enterprise Bank. We are so honored and humbled to be chosen for this award from among many outstanding nominees. Thank you to our wonderful customers and outstanding staff for allowing us to do what we love to do!
Mark, Ellen, Mary & Annie Parlee