Today’s Farm News
Saturday, September 20 updated at 12pm~The Farm is open Saturday-Sunday 10am-5:30pm and Tuesday-Friday 10am-5pm. Happenings at the farm today~
- Apples ~ The Apple Orchard will be open on Saturday from 10am-5pm (last entrance at 4:30pm). We are now picking Honey Crisp, Empire, Macoun, and Cortland. We will be picked out of Cortland and Honey Crisp before 3pm. We will update this post during the day with updated picking conditions. Sunday varieties will be posted on Saturday evening. Hayrides will be taking apple pickers to the orchard on Sat & Sun. Pricing is listed below.
- Pumpkins~ The Pumpkin Patch will be open today 10am-5pm. There are tens of thousands of incredible pumpkins to choose from!
- Flowers~ Flower Picking will be open from 10am-4:30pm with thousands of zinnias ready for picking! Please note that the Flower Hut only accepts cash, no credit cards.
Cost for ~
Pick Your Own Apples:
- $30 for 20lb bag which allows 6 people into the orchard
- $22 for 10lb bag which allows 4 people into the orchard
- Only Infants excluded from the people count
- Hayride to the orchard is included with bag purchase on Saturdays and Sundays, weather permitting.
Pick Your Own Pumpkins: $0.69/lb, minimum $2.50/pumpkin
Pick Your Own Flowers: $8.99/lb for zinnias & gladiolus; $1.50 per flower for sunflowers.
Other things happening at the farm this weekend~
The Farmstand (open 10am-5:30pm) has our own Apples including Honey Crisp, Macs, Cortland and Gala, Corn, Apple Cider Donuts, Caramel Apples and other tasty bakery treats, local vegetables, Pies from Mann Orchards, Carlson’s Apple Cider, Honey from our Beekeeper and more!
Mary’s Country Kitchen (open 10am-5pm) offers Warm Apple Crisp, Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake, Ice Cream, and Hot Apple Cider.
Annie’s Animal Barns (open 10am-5:30pm) has over 70 friendly farm animals. Come visit our Goats (24 babies born this winter!), Sheep, Chickens and Bunnies – they will be happy to see you! To feed the animals, the feeding machines take quarters.
Farmer Mark’s Tractor Training Course (open 11am-4:30pm weather permitting) ~ is great fun for our little farmers! It is $2 per ride ~ only cash is accepted for payment.
Hay Play Area (open 10am-5:15pm weather permitting) ~ 150 bales of hay equals a whole lot of fun!
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions~
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and cash for payment within the farmstand. However, the Flower Hut and certain checkouts for Apple Picking and Pumpkins only accept cash.
- In following good farming practices, we do not permit smoking or pets on the farm.
- There is no entrance fee to enter the farm.
- We ask that you do not bring large bags, backpacks, and coolers into the picking fields.
- The picnic area is reserved for customers enjoying treats from Mary’s Country Kitchen and Bakery. You are welcome to bring a light snack from home, but please do not bring meals.
- Answers to other commonly asked questions can be found at FAQs.
Thank you for your patronage, support, and friendship. We look forward to seeing you ‘down at the farm’ this season!