Giving Back! – Donation Request Information
As our business has grown, we have made a commitment to give back to the community. Our most visible contribution is our ‘Conscience Fund’. Located at each checkout, we have donation containers stating that ‘if you felt you had more than a sample in the pick-your-own field, please consider making a donation to clear your conscience.’ It is a cute way to ask for spare change and donate it to organizations which make a difference in our community. Parlee Farms donates a minimum 10% match to all contributions. Since 2008, over $54,000 has been donated to a dozen organizations, with The Alzheimer’s Association, Boston Children’s Hospital and The Tyngsboro Adopt-A-Family Program being the 2019 Conscience Fund Recipients.
Parlee Farms regularly contributes to the Merrimack Valley Food Bank. When we have excess, first quality fruits and vegetables, we donate them to the Food Bank – typically 8-10 times a season. As many of our customers are children, we are also regular contributors to many local schools and other organizations that help children and people with special needs.
We are happy to be able to give back to our community. However, we get many more worthwhile requests than we can possibly contribute to. If you would like to request a donation, please note the following:
- Donations are only made when the farm is open (mid-June through late October). We are not able to fill any requests for donations during our off-season.
- All donation requests must be received in writing, preferably by email, at least 14 days before the date the donation is needed.
- Email: CONTACT US
- Requests must be from non-profit, charitable organization with a Federal Tax ID Number.
- Use official letterhead for request.
- The request must contain the following information:
- Name of the Organization
- Description of the organization including Federal Tax ID Number
- Information about the event, including the date, that the donation is requested for
- Type of donation requesting
- Contact information (name, email, phone number)
- When the completed request is received, we will review and respond by email if we can assist.
- If we are able to supply your request, you will need to pick up the donation at the farm.
- A receipt for tax purposes must be supplied to us at the time of pick up.
Thank you to all who help make our communities a better place to live!