The 2021 Season at Parlee Farms and COVID-19 Protocols
We are happy to be able to welcome guests back to the farm this season under more ‘normal’ conditions! On May 29, 2021, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts lifted all remaining COVID-19 restrictions. We want all of our guests and staff to feel welcome and safe while at the farm. As a result, we have implemented the following regulations for this season at the farm.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Masks for fully vaccinated customers, employees, and vendors are optional.
- For customers over the age of 5 and not fully vaccinated, we encourage you to wear masks while on the farm.
- Exceptions to not vaccinated individuals not wearing a mask are –
- children under the age of 5,
- individuals with health conditions that prevent them from wearing a face covering.
- We are now able to operate at full capacity in the Farmstand, in the pick your own fields, in the picnic area, around the animal barns, and on the hayride.
- We will continue to regularly disinfect high touch / high traffic locations inside and outside.
- Handwashing stations are available near the Farmstand and near the pick your own fields.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up around the Farmstand.
- Plexiglass installed around the registers will remain.
- Our picnic area is reserved for guests purchasing food items from our Farmstand, Bakery, Kitchen, and Corn Roaster. No outside food is permitted on the farm.
PYO SPECIFIC GUIDELINES:
- Single use containers for pick your own (pyo) will be provided. All persons over the age of 1 are counted when purchasing the pyo containers.
- No reusable bags or personal containers are permitted in the fields. Please limit the personal items that you need in the field to just the essentials required while you are there.
- Picking areas will be assigned based on what is ripe. Please stay in those areas for the best picking. Children MUST remain within close proximity of a guardian.
- In following safe harvest practices, no eating or sampling fruit in the pick your own fields is permitted.
- We have added outdoor registers to reduce wait times and eliminate the need to enter the Farmstand.
- Hand Washing Stations are positioned near the picking fields.
Thank you for support and understanding. We will continue to strive to make a visit to Parlee Farms enjoyable and memorable for you and your family. And we look forward to seeing you ‘down on the farm’ during our 2021 season!